Wednesday, January 31, 2007

just like heaven

it was frigid today in the nation's capital. i'm not sure if it really was any colder than any other day recently, but the gusts of wind certainly made me want to go home and snuggle up in bed. genuis that i am, i drove the 70 miles daily to work for the past 5 months during pretty mild weather. right when the spring-like winter came to an end, i also decided to start taking the metro and give my new car a break. i bought it in september and i have already put on 6100 miles on it.

anyway...

i'm a responsible adult of sorts now so i couldn't just play hookey and go to my nice, warm home. as i was walking into my building i decided to treat myself for my newfound maturity by buying myself hot cocoa. there's a little canteen in the concourse level on my work campus, so i popped in to buy a packet of swiss miss. to my dismay, they only sold hot chocolate through the kind of dispenser that spews out mediocre cappuccino. i'm a lazy bum though so instead of just walking ot the cafeteria, i asked someone if the cocoa was good. after hearing it was, i decided to give it a shot.

oh my sweet heaven.

it was the BEST hot cocoa i've ever tasted in my life and better than my homemade hot cocoa. it tasted like liquid chocolate. i'm not a diehard chocolate fan, but there are certain chocolate items that, if made well, will forever have my loyalty. this cocoa has joined the list.

it has surpasssed the frozen hot chocolate from serendipity. it's that good.

now i must know -- are there other hot chocolate (or frozen varieties) that i've been missing out on because i'm a beverage snob?

2 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

nothing like some tasty hot chocolate! i have a hot chocolate press and it really makes a difference in the taste of hot chocolate...maybe it's the froth or the way it mixed it all up, but i'ts simply divine!

L... said...

I have a Magic Bullet, which I use to make my hot chocolate. You may have seen the infomercial... I buy my cocoa mix at Target (the fancy kind in the little tin), add hot water, a little cream, and then I let it spin. It's frothy, foamy, and fantasically orgasmic!
Scorps chocolate press sounds great, too!